WELCOME TO HORIZONS ENGINEERING
Horizons Engineering, Inc. provides a wide range of civil and environmental engineering services to clients throughout northern New England. The diversity of experience of the professionals at Horizons ensures a comprehensive approach to problem solving and value-added service.
Horizons Engineering works in a team environment. Given the strength of their management team and the broad capabilities of their staff, Horizons Engineering is qualified to handle the management of large, diverse projects. If a project requires a specialized expertise or aspect of study, their extensive relationships with other specialists and professionals can fill any needs.
The staff at Horizons Engineering live, work, and recreate in the communities of northern New England where they do business. They are familiar with local and state government, and have intimate knowledge of the region and the people, as well as the beautiful natural environment. They understand the opportunities and challenges many projects face as they progress from concept to completion.
Horizons Engineering, Inc.
Jon L. Warzocha, P.G., CEO Email
- Extensive experience in contaminated site investigation, remediation planning, and remediation implementation in northern New England.
- Has successfully completed numerous contaminated site investigation and cleanup programs at sites impacted with gasoline, No.2 fuel oil, No. 6 (bunker) fuel oil, hydraulic oil, lubricating oil, chlorinated solvents, metals including lead and arsenic, ash, and solid waste.
- Technical abilities related to contaminated site investigation and cleanup include contaminant fate and transport modeling, contaminant plume delineation, remediation system planning and design, and construction and cleanup project management.
- Extensive groundwater resource development and permitting experience for municipalities, private communities, and recreational facilities including golf courses and ski areas.
- Acted as the regional office manager for a 30-employee engineering firm. Duties included financial and business planning.
- Bachelor of Arts in Geology, Castleton State College, 1993
- Master of Science in Geology with a concentration in Hydrogeology, University of Maine, 1999
- Master of Business Administration, Franklin Pierce College, 2003
- Licensed Professional Geologist NH# 337
Michael D. Norman, President Email
- Extensive experience taking complex residential, commercial, recreational and institutional projects through conceptual planning, final design and permitting.
- Project Manager with a broad range of experience dealing with people, regulatory agencies and businesses in New Hampshire and Vermont.
- As project engineer, provides design and resident engineering for water, wastewater, drainage, roadway and site plan design and permitting.
- Develops project scope, performs preliminary design, coordinates local and state permits, and prepares final plans. Other responsibilities include wetland applications, NH Alteration of Terrain (AOT) permitting and related services for local and state requirements.
- Skilled civil designer proficient in AutoCAD products, digital terrain modeling, coordinate geometry, hydrology.
- Captain/Company Commander, VT Army National Guard 1989-2006
- B.A. Criminal Justice, Norwich University, Northfield, Vermont, 1991
- U.S. Army ROTC – 1991
- U.S. Army Armor Officers’ – Advanced Course -1998
Andrew J. Nadeau, L.L.S, P.L.S, COO Email
- Manager of Horizons land surveying division. Has worked extensively throughout northern New England.
- Joined Horizons in 2006 after a twelve year career in Maine where he served as a vice president of a large surveying company and managed the survey division of a Portland area engineering firm.
- Licensed land surveyor in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont.
- Expert in deed research and the principles of evidence and boundary retracement. Understands the complexities of retracing ancient boundaries in the colonial states and has been qualified as an expert witness.
- Has participated in or managed all surveying aspects of land development projects, including initial parcel identification, boundary and topographic surveying, design, permitting, construction layout and as-builts.
- Concentration in ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys. Fully understands the process and requirements and has completed ALTA Surveys in seven states.
- Extensive experience in commercial site surveys, engineering surveys for municipal, utility and highway projects, right of way retracement, condominium surveys, FEMA flood hazard mapping, elevation certificates and LOMA’s.
- New Hampshire Technical College, 1989, Natural Resources Management/Land Surveying.
- Former Field Artillery Surveyor, US Army.
Michael P. Duffy, P.E., Vice President Email
- Horizons’ Senior Design and Resident Engineer with over 25 years of design and construction experience.
- Has worked on a wide variety of engineering projects – designing, roadways, sites, wastewater and water treatment facilities, and residential subdivisions.
- Extensive experience as a Resident Engineer responsible for overseeing project construction and ensuring completion in substantial conformance with plans and specifications.
- As a Construction Manager, is well-qualified to provide contract administration services.
- He has developed an efficient approach for tracking project costs from design through construction and is responsible for all contract administration during the construction phase of projects.
Arthur J. Colvin, P.E., P.L.S., Senior Project Engineer Email
- Dually licensed Professional Engineer and Land Surveyor
- Has worked on a wide variety of civil engineering and surveying projects both as sole owner of his own company as well as an employee of other firms.
- Responsible for overall site design and layout of various projects, including site design and layout, grading and drainage, erosion control, permitting, public and residential sewer and water design, roadway and parking design, and construction supervision.
- Senior Project Engineer responsible for managing efforts of junior design staff and providing overall QA/QC.
Eric S. Pospesil, L.L.S., New Hampshire Survey Manager Email
- Responsible for management of New Hampshire based projects. Licensed surveyor in New Hampshire and Vermont. Over fifteen years of surveying experience, and has lived in the region for more than 25 years.
- Excellent understanding of the latest technological tools available to the surveying industry and is competent in all aspects of land surveying from field to finished plans.
- Well-qualified with various GPS systems including static network surveys and Real-Time-Kinematic surveying.
- Ability to combine his technical skills with his extensive knowledge of the region enabling Horizons to provide our clients with a high quality product in a very timely and efficient manner.
- Has completed boundary surveys from the smallest urban lots to large parcels well over a thousand acres.
- Directly involved in a variety of construction projects including residential housing, commercial sites and resort developments.
- Performed route surveys for new roads and highway reconstruction and municipal water and sewer projects.
- Experienced in completing ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys, condominium surveys, FEMA flood hazard mapping, Elevation Certificates and LOMA’s.
- B.S. Outdoor Education and Recreation, Lyndon State College 1990
Nathan P. Nadeau, L.S., Vermont Survey Manager Email
- Regional manager of Horizons’ Newport, Vermont office. Responsible for management of Vermont based projects.
- Over twenty years’ experience in the engineering and surveying field exclusively in Vermont.
- Has worked on all aspects of land surveying common to northern New England, including field data acquisition, survey calculations, land records research, boundary and right of way retracement and CAD. Has worked on projects throughout the State of Vermont for private, municipal and commercial clients.
- Experienced in the use of various GPS systems for general mapping as well as precision survey work, utility and route surveying, railway and construction.
- Experienced in the methods and completion of ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys.
- Engineering experience includes roadway, recreation path, water, sewer and storm water utility design, traffic simulations and state and local permitting. His broad experience makes him well-suited for multi-faceted surveying and engineering projects.
- Experience in the survey, design and construction of municipal and private pedestrian facilities including sidewalk, multi-modal, and right-of-way related projects in the State of Vermont. He is familiar with VTRANS specifications and standards and has worked on a number of projects around the State from conceptual analysis to final construction.
- Familiar with the right-of-way process and performing the required research to obtain a right-of-way determination.
- New Hampshire Technical College, 1989, Natural Resources Management/Land Surveying.
Will Davis, P.E., LEED, AP, Regional Office Manager Email
- Regional Office Manager of Horizons’ White River Junction, Vermont office.
- Joined Horizons in 2013 after an eleven year career as a civil engineer in Wisconsin and New England.
- Licensed professional engineer and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional.
- Seasoned project manager with experience in site development, municipal infrastructure improvement, transportation design, and construction services.
- His multi-faceted experience includes sustainable building performance in addition to civil engineering background. Design skills include storm water management, wastewater collection systems, on-site wastewater disposal systems, water distribution systems, road and pedestrian infrastructure, and wilderness trails.
- Committed to quality engineering design with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, Vanderbilt University, 2001